Shannon D. Grisham is an experienced family law attorney. She is committed to her clients and her community as she strives for excellence in the legal profession.
In 2013, Shannon was presented with the Up and Coming Award by the Missouri Lawyers Weekly. This award is given annually to lawyers demonstrating excellence in the legal profession and in their commitment to their communities. It recognizes lawyers with an extraordinary commitment to justice, service to the legal profession and exceptional volunteerism.
Shannon grew up in Memphis, Tennessee. She graduated from Evangel University in Springfield, Missouri with a Bachelor of Science degree and earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law.
Shannon is an active member of the Missouri Bar and the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association (SMBA). She has served as the Chair of the SMBA Family Committee and currently serves on the Missouri Bar Family Law Committee. She is also the Chair of the Missouri Bar Family Law Planning Committee for the annual Family Law Conference. The Family Law Conference is the Missouri Bar’s second largest annual continuing legal education conference.
Shannon is a frequent lecturer on a wide-range of family law topics for local and state-wide organizations. She has served on Guardian Ad Litem training committee for the Missouri Bar and traveled state-wide to speak at Guardian Ad Litem training conferences. She has served as the Missouri Bar Family Law Newsletter editor.
Shannon maintains a trial practice in family law that focuses on divorces, complex property and maintenance cases, modification, paternity actions, adoptions and guardianships. In addition to her trial practice, Shannon maintains a practice in appellate cases related to family law matters.
In addition to her legal service, Shannon maintains an active service to her community both locally and world-wide. She has served on the Board of Directors of Cherish Kids, an organization that serves to raise awareness for the needs of foster children and adoption. She has been a volunteer speaker for The Pregnancy Care Center in Springfield. She also travels to Africa annually with various organizations to serve alongside medical teams in their missions work.
Shannon’s husband is brilliantly creative and her son an adorable bundle of energy and fun.
Areas of Practice
100% Family Law
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2005
Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award, in the Study of Copyright (Spring 2005)
- B.S. – 1999
- Major: Biology
Honors & Awards
- 2013 Missouri Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Award
- Springfield Area Legal Support Professionals, 2012 Boss of the Year
- Guardian Ad Litem training CLE, Missouri Bar
- Annual Family Law Update, Missouri Bar
- Custody and Parenting Plans, Missouri Bar
- Guardian Ad Litem Ethics, Joplin Bar Association
- How Do you Get from TPR to Adoption
- Age Appropriate Parenting Plans, Springfield Metropolitan Bar
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Missouri Bar, member
- Missouri Bar Family Law Committee, Member
- Missouri Bar Family Law Conference Planning Committee 2012-2014
- Missouri Bar Family Law Conference Planning Committee, Co-Chair 2013-2014
- Missouri Bar Family Law Conference Planning Committee, Chair 2015-present
- Missouri Bar Family Law Section Newsletter
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, member
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law Committee Chair 2012
- American Bar Association, member
Pro Bono Activities
- Cherish Kids, Board member
- Pregnancy Care Center Speaker – Parents and the Law